Bringing new fans to the movies

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:05 pm

I got my mother and sister to watch each of the movies, on seperate occasions. They'd both seen the first one years ago, and thought it was okay but not really a favorite, just kind of one of those movies that was funny once (much how they see the Bill and Ted duology; and guess what two movies also happen to be among my favorites).

Tremors 2, they both thought was funny and tongue in cheek, but it scored about as well as Tremors 1.

Tremors 3 they seemed to think was okay, but not stellar. Mom was more interested in it having seen a few episodes of The Series first.

Tremors 4, everyone I've gotten to see it said was quite a good movie, and some were willing to watch it again. They seemed to think the story flowed well, the effects were pretty decent- though Black Hand Kelley's demise got some laughs- and that it was reasonably funny. I think it being a period piece earned it some interest points, too; set in the old west, but not a western at all.

Mom watched some of the episodes of the series; she kind of liked A Little Paranoia Among Friends, thinking it was funny. She really didn't like The Sounds of Silence, and thought Donna Debevic was annoying; I have to admit, the character was kinda interesting but lacked much depth, though follow-ups would have likely made her more interesting.

My cousin watched every episode and got a kick out of some parts, but seeing it once was enough for him.

Aaaaaand, reportedly my cousin's- what's the word for it? a doctor-like person who specializes in muscle treatment, like putting backbones back in alignment and such- really loved The Series and watched it every time he found it on.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 am

linx05 wrote:Nice reply!

When we were watching Tremors 2, I got a laugh at what my girlfriend said when the Shriekers were climbing on top of each other to get to Earl and the rest, "Oh what, are they going to grow wings now and fly?". I just laughed to which she replied, "What? You mean they do?!". I told her to wait till we watch T3.

Still waiting on a chance to see the next two.

Dang linx05, you sure are lucky to have a girlfriend who likes Tremors 8) . lol, thats funny what she said about the Shriekers and the wings.

As for myself, I got a few people hooked even more on Tremors then what they were :)
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:47 pm

My dad and my sister both love Tremors almost as much as I do.
Last edited by benny_the_graboid_slayer on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To me from Tremors star Ariana Richards
responding to my wishes for her birthday (9/20/05)

What an absolute delight to read your note. Thank you for all the wonderful complements I adore flattery (whoops) I mean, thank you so much.
Shrieker_Fan

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:49 pm

benny_the_graboid_slayer wrote:My dad and my sister both love Tremors almost as much as I do.

Welcome back benny_the_graboid_slayer :D
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Bloody_knife

Postby Bloody_knife » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:48 pm

I got my 8 year-old brother and my 4 year-old brother to watch the first two... they liked them. They want to see the last two. :twisted:
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Be Afraid what's in it.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”