Want Tremors merchandise? Here's how to try and get it!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Shrieker_Fan

Want Tremors merchandise? Here's how to try and get it!

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:52 pm

Hey guys,

I know that I'm not the only person here who wants Tremors Merchandise. I suggest we All email Universal and try and convince them that we still want merchandise! Heres the link to their contact page:

http://www.universalstudios.com/homepag ... links.html

I'd email them in these departments: Business Development/ Marketing/ Promotions/ Link request. General & Miscellaneous. Licensing a Universal character for merchandise. And Technical Questions. Email all those areas and let them know you really want merchandise. All you got to do is take a few minutes of your time.

Heres what I said in my emails:

*My email is about Tremors merchandise.

So how come a franchise that consist of four movies (with a possible 5th) and a series doesn't have any merchandise?

With four movies and a series it is really obvious that there is a big fan base for it. And depending what is made like say action figures for example, you have to have more then just one of something! Think about it real fast, 3-to-6 Shriekers come out of a Graboid. If you buy a Graboid then you have to have Shriekers! If you guys put two Shriekers in a pack and sell them a $6, and we buy 3 packs to have the 6 shriekers per Graboid then that's $18 dollars just to have enough Shriekers for just one Graboid! And shriekers multiply when they eat enough food so that's more shriekers we buy.

Then, in the franchise the Shriekers metamorphose into Assblasters, so you have to buy an Assblaster for each Shrieker (Which we would) and you guys package an Assblater a pack for $6 and we get 6 just to have the proper amount for the 6 shriekers that come out of a Graboid then that's $36 right there not including if we buy more for when the shriekers multiply.

You also have to have more then one Graboid, so when you have more then one Graboid toy you have to have more Shriekers which means you need more Assblasters which means more money you make. And that's not even including the baby graboids or people figures for that matter.

There is also novels and comics to consider. How many people read comics and books?, alot that's how many! Comics sell reasonably well so having a comic series for Tremors would be a Great idea. Same with books or novels. There are so many possibilities for Tremors especially now that there has been a tv series that introduces something new into the franchise. I can guarantee you these would sell well.

There is also the possibility of games. There are a lot of people very interested in this stuff just wanting so badly merchandise such as toys and that.

You guys could have Hasbro toys or someone like McFarlane do the figures, and someone like Dark Horse do the comics (They did the covers of the comic books seen in Tremors 3).

I hope my email has been of interest for you and that these things be considered. This stuff really is money makers, they just need to be made first! You have nothing to lose, just money to gain!

Thanks,
Nick*

Just in case you guys need inspiration for what to write, lol. lol, sorry about using the word "Merchandise" so much.
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Dirt Dragon

I DID TOO

Postby Dirt Dragon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:11 pm

heres my messege and tell me how u like the ideas :D

I would like to know if you could make tremors action figures because i have some great ideas for them!!See heres a sample of my ideas...graboids cn be a box set it could have 1 graboid in it a base and extendable and flexiable toungs,the shriekers you could make a 3 pack they could have attachable tounges,a small base,and car parts parts.Then a$$ blasters could be a 2 pack with attachable flames and small base parts.so thers some of my ideas please reply.And remember there are dozen tremor fans that would enjoy these oh and the shrieker and a$$ blasters can have pose a ble flaps on thier head.

p.s.PLEASE REPLY PLEASE.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:30 am

The one problem with merchandising is they can't make anything with AB's full name. I think Stampede really should have tried harder for a more cleaner name. Fire Farts, Butt Blasters, even. Some parents would freak out just hearing their kids mention them.

Sadly, Universal will use this as an excuse not to boher for anything. Best chance is to show them the FAQ where it's mentons they're always referred to as AB's on set.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:40 am

This is a good approach, I think all of us should contact them asking about some merchandise.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Graboid_Guy83

Postby Graboid_Guy83 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Everyone should contact them. I just did and I also suggested Tremors 5 to them. Also I contacted Scifi and asked them to release the DVD of the Series. SOTA Toys had a really cool Box Set made, but it was never sold. I asked them about it as well and they said that its release was canceled. Here is what it looked like. http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/7923.shtml
Although I hate chain letters, maybe that is the answer. Message everyone that you know who would be interested and ask them to contact these people. Flood them with requests. Graboids have survived for 600 million years, and burt has survived hundreds of encounters with graboids. They can't both be destroyed by a marketing department. For the guys in marketing, please listen to the fans. Otherwise, do not come crying to us when you get attacked by an ass-blaster.
Ah Hell everyone knows about em' we just didn't tell you.
project412

Postby project412 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

If the AB's name is a problem (I don't swear so I just call them Butt Blasters) they can simply call the toy a Blaster on the package.

I WANT TREMORS TOYS! And comics and novels. :) Oh, and a video game. :)

Return to “The Tremors Movies”