Disappearing Model 70

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Nitehawk

Disappearing Model 70

Postby Nitehawk » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:27 am

Anyone ever notice in T1 when Heather offers Val and Earl her Model 70 H&H 375 Mag. that they don't have it when the Graboid attacks them on Horseback as they are riding for help. Also did anyone notice the strings attached to the Horse as it was being attacked by the Graboid?
Nitehawk
Action_Burt

The rifle nobody wanted...

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:59 am

Okay, if memory serves...

Heather offers the rifle to Earl... he then is offered the .44 magnum by Walter, and hands the Model 70 off to Val, who then hands it off to someone else, as he already has the lever action in a sheath on his horse. Isn't there some implied humor there- that Val stuck Burt with the lowly pistol, and then Burt is offered a superior rifle?
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm

I remembered that Earl and Val had an arguement about who would get the Winchester rifle. So they did their rock, paper deal and Val won. So Val got the rifle and Earl got the revolver. Thats when Heather offers Earl her rifle and he takes it and puts it in the sheath on the horse. So when the horse was attacked by the graboid Earl wasn't able to reach it.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Nitehawk

Postby Nitehawk » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:03 pm

OK, I've watched it again. Earl and Val do the Rock, Paper, Scissors deal over the Winchester or the old Colt 45 Caliber Pistol. Val gets the Winchester and Earl the Pistol. Heather gives Earl the Model 70. Later when they get attacked by the Graboid, Val pulls the Winchester and Earl pulls the Old Colt Pistol. My Bust! It appears that the Model 70 is still in the Scabbered on the right side of Earl's Horse. So I missed that part, the Model 70 was never used!
Nitehawk.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”