Who would you cast in a Tremors remake?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: I got it!

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Action_Burt wrote:Judd Nelson as Burt!

He's the right age now- he's tall and thin... and he's played a wide variety of characters. Plus for those of us who remember the Breakfast club, he's likeable.

Or maybe Andrew McCarthy?

Are you insane? Andrew McCarthy couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag let alone play an action oriented character...he's too 80's yuppie.

Judd Nelson for Burt Gummer? I don't think so...he's too offbeat.
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:08 am

There is no way Judd Nelson could play Burt. It just wouldn't work because they are totally opposite. Maybe J.N. could play Melvin or someone to cause Burt problems. Now I think Thomas Jane would play a good Burt or maybe Tyler. He was great in The Punisher and I hope they keep him on for the sequel of The Punisher.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Action_Burt

Okay how about...

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:46 am

Matthew Lillard- Shaggy? He is tall, thin, and is not known for playing that kind of character. As great a job as he has done with Shaggy, maybe he has the chops to do Burt justice?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: Okay how about...

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:52 pm

Action_Burt wrote:Matthew Lillard- Shaggy? He is tall, thin, and is not known for playing that kind of character. As great a job as he has done with Shaggy, maybe he has the chops to do Burt justice?

I was right...you ARE insane. 8)
Action_Burt

Re: Okay how about...

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:57 am

Wesley Wyndam Pryce wrote:
Action_Burt wrote:Matthew Lillard- Shaggy? He is tall, thin, and is not known for playing that kind of character. As great a job as he has done with Shaggy, maybe he has the chops to do Burt justice?

I was right...you ARE insane. 8)

Okay, you guys and gals just aren't feelin' me on this... As great as Michael Gross did as Burt, prior to his performance, no one would have imagined the dad from Family Ties as playing that kind of character. It would be like Gilligan playing John McClane from Die Hard.

The point is, you need someone who doesn't look like what you would imagien Burt to look like, but then have them ACT heroic. It adds to the character. Burt is a weird, idiosyncratic kind of guy. But he manages to forge ahead and be the hero. Bruce Campbell, Mitch Pileggi- we all would expect them to be heroes because of roles we've seen them in before. To recast Burt you need somone who WOULDN'T be expected to be the hero- because let's face it, when Burt and Heather appear in the first film, the audience thinks they are weird. B Movie fans expect a$$ kicking from them solely because they have guns. However, without Burt and Heather, Val and Earl would not have succeeded. It was a joint effort- a team- that defeated the graboids. Michael Gross fully embraces this idea- that's why he wanted the Series to not just be about Burt.
Action_Burt

Got an actor, where to use him...

Postby Action_Burt » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:19 pm

Okay, here's another way to cast any remake... pick actors that are scifi geeks just like us.

For example, Casper Vandien. Maybe he'll be the next Bruce Campbell, as he's making some fun B Movies, but the guy likes Scifi. Who would you cast him as? Maybe the Val role?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:41 pm

Casper Van Dien? No way. He's far too much of a 'catwalk pretty boy' to play a rugged country-type like Val McKee. Plus, his acting stinks. I mean...have you SEEN Starship Troopers? How about Sean Patrick Flanery (Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) or even Charlie Sheen...you know...someone who is not necessarily that good looking but has the chamelionic ability to play against type.
Action_Burt

Recasting

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:30 am

Wesley Wyndam Pryce wrote:Casper Van Dien? No way. He's far too much of a 'catwalk pretty boy' to play a rugged country-type like Val McKee. Plus, his acting stinks. I mean...have you SEEN Starship Troopers? How about Sean Patrick Flanery (Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) or even Charlie Sheen...you know...someone who is not necessarily that good looking but has the chamelionic ability to play against type.

Well, I'm a dude, so I don't know if Vandien is a pretty boy or not, heh, heh.

And don't knock Starship Troopers- I love that movie (not as good as the book, though)

As for Sean Patrick Flannery... BRILLIANT!!! I think he'd make an excellent, albeit slightly youngish Burt. (Minus the receding hairline). How old is he now?

And are you implying that Kevin Bacon was rugged when Tremors was filmed? Wasn't he typecast back then as just another pretty boy?
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:39 am

I actually think that 'the Bacon' was the best choice for this movie because not only did he have the looks to attract the female demographic, he also had the acting ability to play a character that was not his usual style. A career saving skill he has used many times over since his stint in Tremors (The River Wild, The Woodsman etc.) Plus...he was already an established star by that stage, so there again was another major drawcard for Ron Underwood's film. As for being 'rugged'...well, he may have indeed been cast for being just another 'pretty boy' but, by god...he certainly played rugged to perfection in Tremors (no pun intended.)

By the way...I see Sean Patrick Flanery as Val, NOT Burt. 8)
BurtGummer2005

Postby BurtGummer2005 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:54 pm

I think you should leave them the way they are! They are very good actors! :D
Burt.Gummer.2005
project412

Postby project412 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm

No one. If Tremors was ever remade I would not even look at the movie.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”