Who would you cast in a Tremors remake?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Who would you cast in a Tremors remake?

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:01 pm

Val...Paul Walker
Earl...Dennis Quaid
Burt...Will Ferrell

Sorry if that last one sounds a bit sacreligious...but did you see him in that 'Anchorman' movie? That moustache had Burt written all over it. :lol:
Action_Burt

Recasting...

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:31 am

I like this thread... primarily because just the other day I was wondering who else could play Burt...

I was kind of thinking of Gerald McRaney

Not sure about Val and Earl...

And I already suggested Jeanette Goldstein for Heatehr Gummer
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:31 pm

Will Farrel would be funny.....Dennis Quaid would be acceptable....Paul Walker? HELL NO! Can't even do Val's accent.
Burts_Brother

Tremors Remake Cast

Postby Burts_Brother » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:31 pm

Burt: Keith David

Earl: Peter Weller

Val: Stephen Baldwin

If no one knows who these actors are then I'll explain. Keith David played Thatcher in the movie Sabertooth and was similar to Burt. Peter Weller played RoboCop and sorta has the attitude like Earl in his characters. Now for Stephen Bladwin he is kinda of nutty and has a thing for women in his characters.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:36 am

Thats David Keith. Keith David is the black guy from Pitch Black, They Live, Men at Work, etc.
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Ho-kay

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:43 am

Ho-kaaaay! Clearly I have touched a nerve by starting this thread and I apologize wholeheartedly. :lol: Now...although some people may not think so, a Tremors remake would be extremely difficult to cast...hypothetical or not...and who could replace 'the Bacon' anyways? Surely not that brat-packing, mother-humper Paul Walker...eeewww, it's too hideous to even contemplate. But...hang on...he did do that pants-wetting adrenaline-zinger 'Joy Ride', the rev-head hog heaven flick' The Fast and the Furious' and it's rubber layin' sequel and (Timeline aside) has proven himself to be a competent leading man...so I say...why the hell not? I mean...it wouldn't take much effort to play a slack-jawed yokel who dreams of makin' it to Bixby and drinks beer from a toilet. It's not Shakespeare for Gummer's sake. Let's give the boy a chance...er, should this fantasy remake ever become a reality that is.

Pardon my French. 8)
Action_Burt

Remake rumblings

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:55 am

Gotta disagree on David Keith as Burt. And please, no death threats on this but... Burt is a "wimpy" guy. That is, his appearance is not that of the rugged modern cowboy, but if the intellectualcity slicker who turns out NOT to be such a wussy after all. He's professor-ish in his appearance. Keith LOOKED like a big game hunter.

However, I think Keith would make a Good Earl. He's the right age, and could play the gruf, no-nonsense character. However, he doesn't have the same goofy likeability of Fred Ward; he seems too serious in most of his roles. I'd like to see him in a comedy- could he pull it off well? Another choice- what about Bruce Campbell as Earl?

As for Val, what about the guy from Bullet Proof monk- Sean William Scott? Or for a slightly older person, what about Michael Shanks from Stargate?

As for Burt... whew that's a tall order, replacing Mr. Gross with a YOUNGER actor. You need someone who would not look like what we know the character to be- you need the bookish-look. You need someone tall. You need someone whocould play a conspiracy person. And since we're talking remake, I'd pick someone in their late 30s, early 40s... someone born in the 1960s...

Problem is, I can't think of anyone...
Action_Burt

A place for Bruce in Tremors

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:26 am

linx05 wrote:Bruce Campbell! I like! Even though I haven't seen the movie/s which made him a cult hit, I think he would make a nice addition to the Tremor movie. I could even see him as Burts side kick or taking over Desert Jacks business.

How about Bruce as the Military-officer father of Tyler? Maybe have Burt and Tyler dispatched to the Nellis bombing range to wrangle graboids and they run afoul of the elder Col. Reed who doesn't like silly-vilians.

I still like my idea about Bruce playing the younger, wise-cracking, government-agent brother of Burt. Wouldn't that rub Burt raw, having a brother who: Isn't serious; works for the government.

Or what about just having Bruce take over the role of Earl in T5? (If Fred Ward couldn't come back)
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Bad Actor?

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:50 pm

linx05 wrote:Paul Walker is a really bad actor. IMO anyway. He would ruin the Tremors franchise.

Obviously you have never seen Keanu Reeves' work. :lol:
Brian

Postby Brian » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:41 pm

Paul Walker could never be Neo!
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: Bad Actor?

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:34 am

linx05 wrote:
Wesley Wyndam Pryce wrote:
linx05 wrote:Paul Walker is a really bad actor. IMO anyway. He would ruin the Tremors franchise.

Obviously you have never seen Keanu Reeves' work. :lol:

lol. Well I was going to say he was the new Keanu Reeves. But I think Keanu might be getting better. :?

p.s don't quote me on this!

I think the movie Constantine disproves that statement linxy. :D
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Casting the Tremors remake

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:34 am

I think I've got it:

Val- Kevin Bacon
Earl- Fred Ward
Bert- Michael Gross

Heeeeey! Wait a second..!
:D
Action_Burt

Re-casting...

Postby Action_Burt » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:49 am

What about David Duchovny for Burt? Can he play other parts? We already know he can do the conspiracy stuff. And he is kind of gangly looking. What about putting a moustache on him and thinning his hair out. Of course, I doubt he wants to do anythign more with this genre...

And how about Mitch Pillegi for Earl? A bald Earl, but still...

And continuing the X-Files connection, what about the suit-wearing Lone Gunman, maybe he could play a good Burt?
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:50 pm

How about those two just reversed characters. David Duchovny could play Earl. And then Mitch Pillegi could play Burt he would just have to grow hair. I both of these people are good actors and would be cool to see in Tremors.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Action_Burt

I got it!

Postby Action_Burt » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Judd Nelson as Burt!

He's the right age now- he's tall and thin... and he's played a wide variety of characters. Plus for those of us who remember the Breakfast club, he's likeable.

Or maybe Andrew McCarthy?

Return to “The Tremors Movies”