School Project to sell a graboid

Talk About The Tremors Movies
linna

School Project to sell a graboid

Postby linna » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:29 am

I am a college student in a speech class in which our group has been asked to sell a graboid. I am trying to get some ideas and would appreciate any help you could give me.

1. If you had a graboid to sell, who do you think would buy it?

2. What would you outline as the outstanding features of a graboid?

3. Why would you want to sell it and not keep it for yourself?

4. Anything else you can think of!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Linna
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:51 pm

1. I'd sell em to recuse people, to dig nice tunnels to trapped miners, and kids down wells and such. Sewer people to dig tunnels to ebcome sewers. Ditto for subways etc.

2. Nice big tunnels. Quick rescues. Could hear trapped people with ease.

3. Money.

4. Twitchell's not going to like this.
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:26 am

would be a cool attaction at Grady Hoover's theme park :)
Ather, nice ideas :)
"You don't need a worm, a worm needs you!"
linna

Postby linna » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:32 pm

Those are great, but can you control a graboid? As you can tell I am very ignorant about this.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:34 pm

This is a personal opinion and not an official Stampede position on the subject but here is my take on the subject.

The nearest real world equivalent to a Graboid would probably be a Great White Shark. If that is a fair assumption then one could ask what value a Great White Shark has and who would want to buy an extremely dangerous killer shark?

There may be the occasional zoo (or theme park) which might want one. A breeder might want to take the Graboid through the entire life cycle to acquire AB eggs but there is no clear evidence yet as to the incubation period of a Graboid egg. Hatching a baby Graboid could take a lot longer than a breeder could afford to wait.

These creatures represent a diverse segment of life on earth and don’t deserve to be exterminated but there is little commercial value in keeping them near a human population. Remember, these creatures are quite dangerous and the Graboid phase of the life cycle is finite. It won’t be long before you have Shriekers and then AB’s. Since each creature has different characteristics you would probably also need to ask who would want to buy Shriekers and AB’s as well.

There is no evidence that any of these creatures can be successfully domesticated to serve any harmless purpose. There is always a chance that a terrorist group or covert military organization would attempt to use Shriekers or AB’s on an urban area as a weapon of fear but as long as Burt is around he could put a stop to that rather quickly.

The only practical use may be in the fields of genetics, biology or medical research. These creatures have yet to be properly studied and they could contain some missing link which leads to the discovery of immortality or a cure for tooth decay. Surely you could sell one to a medical research facility.

Then again, your best bet might be to find a good recipe for roasted Graboid tentacles and open a trendy restaurant in LA near The Ivy. They might cook up pretty good, who knows. It is too bad the name City Bites is already taken, that would have been a great name. Oh well, what about calling it "Graboids Underground", "LA Bites" or "Eat and Run"?
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:44 pm

Grabites. Anyway, those scientists stopped that Shrieker form going all AB in The Series, so, figure you can do the same with a Graboid. Or clone El Blanco. Don't remind people Burt's an expert Graboid Hunter. The terrorists would target him first. And everybody in Perfections eems to o just fien with EB. No longer hiding on roofs and such. People ould adapt to a Grabopid. Figure you'd need to raise oe from a Dirt Dragon, to instill loyalty, maybe get them used to people ebigna round. Like how AB seems used to Perfectionsists, and doesn't even bother with them, only some new sound (4-12, etc.) Well, my opinion is he seems used to the gang, and has learned their nosies does not equal food.

I bet Nancy could train em right. Nancy's Graboid Training School. Burt'd love that.
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:17 am

linna wrote:Those are great, but can you control a graboid? As you can tell I am very ignorant about this.

There's no way to control any creature as yet (of what i know)
but in the near future, some microchips cah ne implanted to control primitive (and then all) functions of an organism. this might be the control you want...
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:37 am

then i say army would emply extensive modification of a graboid to equip it with rockets, mines and whatever they can think of to kill even more people :) finally you can get something like predator HAHA
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Re: School Project to sell a graboid

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:06 pm

linna wrote:I am a college student in a speech class in which our group has been asked to sell a graboid. I am trying to get some ideas and would appreciate any help you could give me.

1. If you had a graboid to sell, who do you think would buy it?

2. What would you outline as the outstanding features of a graboid?

3. Why would you want to sell it and not keep it for yourself?

4. Anything else you can think of!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Linna

This is the most insane school project I have ever heard of. :lol:
linna

Postby linna » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:49 pm

I agree, it is insane, and I think my teacher enjoys the fact that it is insane. Other groups in the class have to sell a time machine, aspecifice comic book issue (I don't remember which one) and the Spruce Goose. I'm not sure if we got the worst or the best, but the ideas posted here have really helped. We present on either the 22 or 24th of March so I'll let you know which idea we went with and how it went.

Thanks again!
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:56 am

linna wrote:I agree, it is insane, and I think my teacher enjoys the fact that it is insane. Other groups in the class have to sell a time machine, aspecifice comic book issue (I don't remember which one) and the Spruce Goose. I'm not sure if we got the worst or the best, but the ideas posted here have really helped. We present on either the 22 or 24th of March so I'll let you know which idea we went with and how it went.

Thanks again!

Sorry...it's just that when I was a kid, our class projects consisted of lame things like...bugs, or two page essays on the contents of your mother's handbag, that sort of thing. Wish I could have sold a graboid when I was in school. Sigh...when did learning become so much fun? By the way...how much for the Spruce Goose? :D
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:13 am

for some people who are not tremors fans, selling a graboid may seem like lame too... so you have to present it as a universal killing machine :)
Wesley Wyndam Pryce

The Graboid Market

Postby Wesley Wyndam Pryce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:00 pm

...and then sit back and hope that someone is in the market for said universal killing machine. If there are no takers...sorry, you're out of luck...and it's back to the desk job. If you DO manage to snag a buyer, then, congrats. You'll be sittin' on a beach sipping margueritas in no time. Er, just make sure your beach has some solid rock nearby...you never know. :D

Return to “The Tremors Movies”