Talk About The Tremors Movies
Tremors Fan 4life

Postby Tremors Fan 4life » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:11 pm

definately need a 5th movie :D
"THATS why were at the top of the foodchain!!"
Action_Burt

Regarding Burt AND Tyler in T5

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:52 am

I think we have to have a sidekick in any film.

Look at the theme of the Tremors films:

1. The older, wiser Earl, works with the younger, brash Val. Together, the duo defeat the monsters and save the day.

2. The older, wiser Earl works with the younger, eager, impetuous Grady, and together they defeat the monsters... and, um, blow up the refinery

3. The older, wiser Burt works with the younger, wise-cracking, Jack. Together they defeat the monsters and save the town.

4. The naive, older, heart-of-gold Hiram works with the younger, wiser Juan to defeat the monsters. Note that there are two additional elderly, wise types to help: Tcopah, and Black Hand Kelly.

This shows us that the Tremors franchise always acknowledges the importance of experience that is so often found in older heroes. Face it, they've been around longer and experienced more. However, in T4, we got it mixed up, with the younger hero actually making more sense than Hiram. However, Hiram possessed more sheer determination then the whippersnappers who were ready to give up on Rejection. And Black Hand Kelly and Tcopah also provided wisdom; Kelly for his experiences in life, and Tcopah for his common sense.

I agree, Burt does need a partner. Tyler is a better character than Jack. He's not so money grubbing, and he is eager to learn from Burt but still confident enough to offer his own suggestions. Also, I liek that Tyler is familiar more with popculture. I'd love to have seen the show grow, with Tyler quoting scifi and old movies- not to the extent of Remington Steele and his murder mysteries, but enough to show that by being exposed to pop culture, Tyler was more able to theorize around new, odd things, than Burt who is, let's face it, set in his ways.
JamesLongstreet

Postby JamesLongstreet » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:06 pm

I'd love to see more Tremors Movies.

Hey, if the Hellrasier series can have all of it video sequals why can't Tremors?

While I don't expect they'ed get into theaters, there should still be more.
TG

Postby TG » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:48 am

I'd like more movies,and I would like to see more prequels set in different times.Though I would also like a few films to be set in different enviroments-I'd like to see the Shreikers terrorizing New York,or Graboids getting some snacks on some Hawaii beaches. :D

Return to “The Tremors Movies”