Graboid ripoff?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
NnyTard

Graboid ripoff?

Postby NnyTard » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:18 pm

in the game "star wars jedi accaedemy" there is a level, on a desert planet where you have to investigate a crashed ship and rescue the crew, when you get there, you see the last remaining survivor get eaten by a big graboid like worm that comes through the sand. in this level you have to avoid staying on the ground for too long or else the worm gets you and eats you. (the rest of the mission is finding parts to repair your ship with out of the wreckage of the other ship)

i'll post a screen shot soon.

just thought i'd post this as it seems like a reference or something.
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:07 pm

That's a total ripoff!
!Vision!

Postby !Vision! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:13 pm

If it's on Tatoonie, then it's probably the Sarlac Pit monster. There was something very similar in the original Return of the Jedi video game for sega.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:55 am

I DEMAND to see a screen-shot! ;)
hahaha, seriously though, sounds like a total rip-off!
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:49 am

8) There is also a Tremors ripoff in Silent Hill 3. You walk down a ladder and into a room and a Graboid look alike/ripoff comes crashing through the wall.
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.
Graboidologist

Postby Graboidologist » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:59 am

I love Tremors as much as anyone, but I must say that the designers were probably intending to rip off Dune, not Tremors.

That is, unless they ripped of the rather unique design of the Graboid.
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:43 pm

I agree with Graboidologist...its sounds like a ripoff from the movie Dune. Then again it could be a ripoff of a graboid. I would just have to see a screen shot of it to determine if its a ripoff of the movie Dune or a graboid.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:22 pm

A picture of the screen of the graboid like animal in question.
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:25 pm

sry this is a late response but i havent really been watching this topic.

04EXCURSION wrote:8) There is also a Tremors ripoff in Silent Hill 3. You walk down a ladder and into a room and a Graboid look alike/ripoff comes crashing through the wall.

thats wat they say in one of the game informer magizines. if you have never heard of that magizine its a popular magizine that has tons of game reviews.
benny_the_graboid_slayer

Postby benny_the_graboid_slayer » Tue May 03, 2005 11:44 pm

If you remeber in the Episode 6 special edition they did give the Sarlaac an extra appendage that looks kinda like a Graboid head, maybe thats what it was. Like this

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/ep6/sarlacc1.jpg
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed May 04, 2005 10:03 pm

Looks like a close up of a pistachio nut to me.
Red_Machine

Postby Red_Machine » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:06 am

I've got that game, and I noticed the same thing. Now I call it a graboid when I'm on netplay
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:32 pm

Does anyone remember V: The Visitors? The miniseries or the TV-series that followed? It was huge back in the 80's. Anyway, I watched an episode a while ago from the TV-series and in that episode the aliens had an underground animal/monster that would eat up humans who'd try to escape from the facility (they were being kept against their will at a prison camp)

I don't remember if we ever got to see one, I think we did, a little anyway and it had some resemblance to a graboid, I could be wrong though.
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
The One and Only

Postby The One and Only » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:42 pm

There was an episode ofHercules:The Legendary Journies where our hero was stuck on a desert island with subterranian creatures that hunted by sensing vibration. Although those buggers looked like manta-rays when they showed up in the light of day. Also in
Resident Evil 3:Nemesis your menaced by this giant worm throughout the game that was obviously influenced by Tremors.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”