Try and guess what T5 will be about!

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:33 pm

All I can say is, Burt's in it.
Action_Burt

Graboids in a foreign country

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:13 am

The obvious next step for the franchise would be to go to a story involving graboids in a foreign country:

The films and series have established graboids aren't unique to Perfection; that Burt Gummer is contracted to hunt them down around the world.

To be unique from other films, we'd need to see something different; and as the opening El Chaco sequence in T3 was immensely popular, it would only make sense to devote a whole film to Burt in a foreign country...

Now I know, Mexico is a foreign country (T2), but it doesn't really look that different from America.

No, what you need is the alien enviroment. Burt is often protrayed as a fish out of water, so here would the opportunity to put the loner in a totally unfamiliar enviroment with comedic effect. It would also be a great contrast to show that the only familiarity Burt would have would be his graboids.

As for other elements in the story, I'd like to see some monster-fghting; pit a graboid against an elephant, rhino or a LARGE crocodile.

And you need a remote, out of the way location for the graboids to strike:

Gobi Desert
Sahara (already mentioned in Episode 7/NoS)
Outback
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:24 am

I'd really like to see Burt and the shriekers in the big city. Only thing is, the films have always been about that deserty, isolation type feel, so I couldn't be sure if it would work out right. It would be pretty comedic to see Burt trying to get through a largly populated area without losing his mind :lol:

Over all though, I''d say T-5 is going to be set after the series, maybe including some of the series cast (which did a great job). Maybe if Twitchell sent Burt and Tyler on a new assignment in a different area, they could develope a movie out of it.

Now if Val or Earl guest starred in it, I think fans would definitly like it! I know I would!
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
!Vision!

Postby !Vision! » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:47 pm

Hmm... I don't think I ever want to see a creature origins story, thier ambiguity is one thing that makes them so appealing. So the only thing left to do is to go for a larger scale outbreak; more creatures, more victems, more action. A city may be a going a little far, but there are bigger desert towns than Perfection. They could really unleash Burt and let him have the all out war with the creatures that he deserves. He's been a survivalist, it's time that he was a real hero.Image
Action_Burt

City problems

Postby Action_Burt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:31 pm

I agree that a herd of shriekers swarming through Las Vegas would be really cool- especially door-to-door searches for metamorphing ass-blasters, but the real problem with a city would be that graboids can't tunnel through concrete and asphalt!

I don't think we'll ever see a graboid in town...

Hey, cool thought, imagine a graboid egg emerging from the depths of the la brea tarpits... I think a graboid might be tough enough to swim in that... it could pluck tourists from the museum there. Or maybe as a juvenile be journeying out at night to forage, then returning by day.

On the final day of its graboid cycle it might beach itself on the road that runs beside La Brea... then hatch some shriekers that would promptly devour the action news team breathlessly watching for a hatching.
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:05 pm

8) Hopefully it will be in modern times, and not in the old days like the 4 one. Hopefully they will have an army of shreikers and AB's in a big city, and Burt goes there and has to kill the monstors.
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:05 am

My guess is it will be somewhere else but Perfection...they'll be creative...
Whatever it will be about, it will kick total ass!!!

///Earl
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:49 am

I don't know for sure what they have in mind, but I have a few guesses.

I'm betting modern times, with the Burt we know and love as the star.

I dunno about environment, but personally, I'm really hoping they'll go back to Perfection one more time. They've bound themselves to it pretty much by this point; T1, T3, T4, and The Series were all about Perfection. 2 has short scenes of Earl's ranch and Burt's basement in Perfection. It might be a little weird to depart that now. If they did, I'd bet they at least have a few scenes at the beginning and end set in Perfection (like Shriek and Destroy on a bigger scale- or A Little Paranoia Among Friends, with some town scenes worked in more in the middle). Hopefully Tyler will be around to be Burt's sidekick, at the least, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new character around.

After learning more about Charlotte Stewart, I would really like to see her playing Nancy, too- she was good in the movies, and if she really wanted to be in the Series, there's every chance she'd mesh perfectly with the sides of Nancy that were expanded in the Series. I really like Marcia Strassman, though, so I'd love to see either one around. And I'm betting that if they are, we'll see something romantic between her and Burt really start- kind of like T1 and T2, you know they're going to be by the end of the movie, but it doesn't really totally happen until near the end.

I'm hoping we might see Desert Jack again. I'd love to see his relationship with Jodi expanded...

I'm betting we'll see the entire Graboid life cycle- the modern-day people will learn about (and officially name) the baby graboids, then we'll deal with adult ones, and shriekers, and ABs- and I'm betting we'll learn some really nasty unexpected thing about ABs, in regards to laying their eggs or what they do afterwards. Something cool...

And of course, if it's set in Perfection, El Blanco will be roaming around too ^.^ And I'll further bet that we'll see Melvin again if this happens, still played by Robert Jayne/Bobby Jacoby.

I'm betting Tony Genaro will show up somewhere, somehow, even if it's not set in Perfection. That would be cool...

Tiwtchell is super easy to work in if it's present-day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

I hope that for special effects, Stampede can get some of their T4 graboids and baby graboids to use again- no improvements neccesary, they looked awesome!- and maybe some old Shriekers from somewhere, or make new ones (hopefully a little better than the relatively silly Series Shriekers... if I don't bring down the wrath of the fan community by calling them silly >.< The CGI was silly, the way the dead ones plopped over and landed perfectly balanced on the other dead ones. The episodes were cool, but the monsters looked kind of cheesy for once- although I personally liked that, it adds something for me). And hopefully some of those full-scape plastic ABs are intact, because those looked pretty cool too.

Maybe they can get back the Power Wagon(s) and Desert Jack tour jeep, too...

For music, Jay Ferguson all the way! T4 was amazingly scored, maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear something like it again.

If it's not set in Perfection, it'll probably still be cool- something like T2. Probably still a desert.

Although I love the Shriekers and ABs in Vegas idea, too...

Return to “The Tremors Movies”