Is this thing on?

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Action_Burt

Is this thing on?

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:54 pm

Man, the board is slow- have graboids eaten all the Tremors fans?

4 days and no posts! That doesn't show Universal we love our Tremors! C'mon guys and gals! We need to post everyday!

Okay, so you have nothing to talk about....

It goes aganst my better judgement, but I'll give you the link to my unfinished fanfiction Burt comic book:

This was going to be the first in a four part series- a 30+ page comic book, but delays in life have taken their toll. I'm horribly behind schedule, and only 17 pages are done. Each weekend I'll be putting more up. I was going to save this as a big surprise, but doggone it! We fans need somethign to talk about!

WARNING: I have this on a free site, with lots of cookies and popups. It really is a good idea to have your securtity settings so that third party cookies require aprompt to approve. A lot of spyware comes with those cookies, and you'll ends up with more popups by accepting ALL cookies. I also HIGHLY recommend that you download a spyware removal tool, such as Spybot (Free) and check your system once a month. Spyware in the background will really bog your PC down, especially if you're on dial up like me.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:14 pm

Well, I already knew about this because of your e-mail, but... it's looking very good! It's quite interesting so far, and I'm particularly impressed with the facial expressions/mannerisms you somehow edited in. Maybe Photoshop has good tools to do that with or something, I haven't really used much besides MSPaint and TakeONE... neither of which are really considered photo-manipulation tools, though I do a lot of superimposure with MSPaint.

I also really like how you used Ash/Bruce Campbell as Captain Hook ^.^ Should be interesting...

One problem, the page for Page 12 seems to be broken somehow. I can load the picture directly by going to http://members.fortunecity.com/burtgumm ... ue1/12.jpg , but the url redirects automatically to various advertisement sites, most likely what FortuneCity sites do when encountering a 404 or something. All the other pages work fine, though.

I was a little disappointed when I first tried to load the website the other day, because the last page that loaded properly was page 11, and I figured that was all that was up so far. However, since you pointed out that 17 pages were done and had mentioned that Burt should've shown up in the part you've got up, I figured out it was simply an error with page 12, so I opened the page 12 picture directly and then went to, after which the other pages worked fine (right up to the restricted area after page 17).

I'm getting really excited now- what you've finished thus far is very cool! The superimposed backgrounds look great, the figures all look pretty good- that's an awesome Gillman figure, the Mayor looks pretty good (is he a SOTW figure? And where did you get that plaid coat that would fit such a big figure? Incidentally, I don't suppose there'd be any way to get one of those same figures you used for the mayor, and somehow remove/sand off the moustache beyond visibility and swap the head onto a Joe body and make a twitchell, is there?), and of course Ash and Burt look great. And the sets are quite good, too, full of neat little stuff- . How did you make that "Don't Tread On Me" flag? The Mayor's large office-style phone doesn't look like a Barbie product, where did it come from? Or Burt's laptop (though, that mightb e apainted barbie product, I can't see it too well)?

I really have to wonder, story-wise, what it is Burt needs them to arrange... hmm...

Anyway, you're doing very well, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more! I'd like to contribute somehow, to the site or to the comic, but I'm not quite sure what I might be able to do yet (maybe I could send a money order for a few dollars, or something?).

You say you're done through page 17, but by that you mean in terms of finalizing the pictures/ photo manipulation/etc, right? Is the photo-shooting itself almost done, or a lot further along?

I guess I'll go back to anxiously awaiting more now ^.^ Good luck!

Incidnentally, on the note of conversation, I've been kind of putting off making a nice post/site about my own Burt Gummer (and Tyler, such as he is) figure(s), even though the pictures are done. I put a bunch of them up on ITF's photo gallery, but I still intended to make a post saying what parts I used/etc. I might try to do that later tonight...
Action_Burt

Broken link fixed

Postby Action_Burt » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:26 am

I'm particularly impressed with the facial expressions/mannerisms you somehow edited in. Maybe Photoshop has good tools to do that with or something

Photo editing is time consuming but very easy once you get the hang of it. At work I do gags with folks photos all the time. One guy in the office looks forward to his annual birthday gag photo.

I also really like how you used Ash/Bruce Campbell as Captain Hook ^.^ Should be interesting...

Remember, the Sideshow ash has a metal right hand. So I had to remove it and replace it with a Monty Python gloved hand. Hence the "Hook" name.

One problem, the page for Page 12 seems to be broken somehow.

I fixed it- looks like Page 12 never got uploaded! I was having some major problems with Fortune City when I was uploading this- I use WS_FTP and it kept logging me off.

that's an awesome Gillman figure, the Mayor looks pretty good (is he a SOTW figure? And where did you get that plaid coat that would fit such a big figure?

Gillman is by Sideshow toys
Mayor is the Jesse Ventura governor figure from several years ago
Jesse's suit is from a Frank Sinatra doll Mattel made- I got it from a loose parts box at a swap meet. Originally it was going to be on a gangster to put in a Punisher photo story.

Incidentally, I don't suppose there'd be any way to get one of those same figures you used for the mayor, and somehow remove/sand off the moustache beyond visibility and swap the head onto a Joe body and make a twitchell, is there?

I think that head would swap, but a later model did have a standard headpost design- I have a loose head I bought from another collector to put on a larger body to make Blaine from Predator (I use the as-is Jesse normally, but he isn't tall enough). Instead of that however, I'd reccomend one fo the "pinhead" Joes from a few years ago, then lightly sand off the close-cropped hair they have.

How did you make that "Don't Tread On Me" flag? The Mayor's large office-style phone doesn't look like a Barbie product, where did it come from? Or Burt's laptop (though, that mightb e apainted barbie product, I can't see it too well)?

Got the flag from a flag company, Oates, I think, that is a local company but which has online ordering.

The fax machine/phone is a refrigerator magnet

The laptops are indeed from the pink aisle.

Anyway, you're doing very well, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more! I'd like to contribute somehow, to the site or to the comic, but I'm not quite sure what I might be able to do yet

Well, later on I'll need more background shots; so far I've been using frame grabs from the films Anaconda, Gone Fishing, Jurassic Park III, Crocodile, Crocodile 2 and I think Blood Surf.

I can use more swamp/everglades shots. I also have been searching for a film with army units deploying into a swampy area. I thought Puppet Masters, with Donald Sutherland would work, but no such luck.

You say you're done through page 17, but by that you mean in terms of finalizing the pictures/ photo manipulation/etc, right? Is the photo-shooting itself almost done, or a lot further along?

For issue 1 I have two more scenes to do. The photo taking is relatively easy; some pulled back shots showing my tiny "soundstage" then closer up shots with the figures filling the foreground. The hard part is then cutting out the background and pasting the image on top of the phot backgrounds/framegrabs.

I anticipate getting the photos done over the next few nights, then Saturday night doing all the photo editing. Sunday night I will then do the HTML and upload.

Then I go into a week or two of more model building and resume photos on Issue 2; which almost entirely takes place in the swamp, requiring me to dress my tiny sound stage four different ways, which in turn means shooting out of sequence and keeping meticulous track of which shot will be on which stage... oh man it's a headache. If only the weather had cooperated in October.
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Well I'm from Louisiana....and next time I'm around a swamp, i'll take some shots of one and send it to ya.....I also have some ideas for a story and some ideas for sets for the store and the town itself if ya ever do it.....
Action_Burt

Photo help

Postby Action_Burt » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:47 am

Brian wrote:Well I'm from Louisiana....and next time I'm around a swamp, i'll take some shots of one and send it to ya.....I also have some ideas for a story and some ideas for sets for the store and the town itself if ya ever do it.....

That'd be great! I couldn't believe how hard it was to find shots- the problem is most folks take pictures of friends or landmarks or even animals. Not many post landscape/scenery photos on the internet...

We won't get to see the town in my story. I'm following low-budget B-Movie formula and trying to keep as much of in the wilderness as possible:

Issue 1: We meet the characters in the swamp. Not a whole lot of action after the first few pages unfortunately- bad planning on my part.

Issue 2: As teams search the swamp, they learn there is more than one gillman. Cliffhanger ending with lots of action and lots of gillmen

Issue 3: The attacking gillmen are driven off and the good guys have to lick their wounds. A plan is formulated and they set off... Again, action at the beginning, and little at the end

Issue 4: Man vs. Gillman; Brt and the National Guard basically go to war and you'll see lots of action, lots of explosions, and lots of action on and under the water.

See, no town. Just CG and photoshopped swamps.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 am

Hi! I'm working on a short-story about Tremors, and I need some help. Can a Graboid live in Bixby? It's not a town with only pavement sidewalks is it? I'm not sure about this, which creates a problem, cause it's supposed to be set in Bixby...so, can anyone answer this question? :)

By the way, the short-story is called: "Tremors; Escape of The Ass Blaster" - referring to the one Mindy and her mom sold in Tremors 3...

It will probably suck, but I'm just doing it for fun :)

Let me know if anyone is interested on how it works out :)

Take care!!

/// Earl
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:42 pm

No. According to the Tremors FAQ, we won't ever see Graboids invading Bixby. I suppose you can take creative liberties, and have one invade a huge park in Bixby, but it'd be pretty limited action. Maybe a boy finds an egg, and when it hatches, his lawn becomes a new Graboid habitat, but again, limited action.
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:39 pm

OK, thanks a lot. I'll try to be creative ;)

Take care!!

/// Earl
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."

Return to “The Tremors Movies”