Something isn't adding up with the hold up on Tremors 5

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Shrieker_Fan

Something isn't adding up with the hold up on Tremors 5

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:45 pm

You know that whole thing about stores not taking Direct-To-Video's anymore? Well something seems wrong. I've been noticing that alot of stores are still getting in and selling DTV's. Soon Universal is going to release one DTV which is the land before time #11 with a 12 in the works, Just one example of wut i'm talking about. So if the stores arn't taking DTV then why are they still poping up? Does Universal maybe secretly not want to do a Tremors 5? What's ur thoughts?
Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not swim upstream. - Desert Jack
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:54 pm

I know....all the Tremors movies including 4 is at at least 2 of the Blockbusters around here. And maybe this time, Stampede has such a good story that Universal might put it in theaters. :wink: :roll:
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:55 pm

Well, LBT is fo kids. Quite a different market. Do we know of many DTV's being made for grown ups? And how long was the deal in place for LBT 11 and 12? Is this the end of the DTV's? Or does Universal think if the series flubbed (because of SFC), any more DTV's will, too.
Shrieker_Fan

Re:

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Yeah but even if its a kids movie it's still being sold in stores so Universal can't really say about that policy. Does anyone know how much Tremors 4 made btw?
sswilson

Postby sswilson » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Hi gang,

I've been off for almost a year developing new ideas (not just Tremors). Don't check in here as much as I'd like. The deal on stores and DVDs, from Universal's perspective is that they are not stsocking as many direct-to-DVD titles as they used to, and they really want them to be based on big movies for which a lot of ancillary advertising was done. Or they want them to be long running series (like Land Before Time) which "sell themselves." We think Tremors sells itself very well, but the stores, and Universal, don't agree right now. Universal has cut production way back, making only one or two DVDs last year (Bring it on, and American Pie)

SSW
RCG

Postby RCG » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:46 pm

sswilson wrote:Hi gang,

Universal has cut production way back, making only one or two DVDs last year (Bring it on, and American Pie)

SSW

Two movies I did not watch, nor will buy. 8)
RCG
GLA-We Make the Earth Tremble
"In Burt We Trust"
Shrieker_Fan

RE:

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:54 am

Thanks SSW for the reply. Well I think tremors sells itself real well to. If universal did actually though put some more advertising than just a flyer in American Wedding Unrated Version like commercials on a bunch of channels maybe everyone would have gotten better profits. I just hope this really at all doesn't have to do with TTS being cancelled.
Brian

Postby Brian » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:13 pm

Well thanks SSW! And keep fightin the fight! Maybe pitchin the idea of a Tremors ride to Universal to that empty space next to Men In Black would be a good start! :roll: I thought of about 2 or 3 ideas while I was there 2 weeks ago while I was there..... :D
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 am

So anyone knows what T¤remors 4 made? How much it sold?
Maybe Mr. S.S. Wilson knows?

Anyways, I think it's really cool and really down-to-earth that Mr. S.S. Wilson takes time posting on this forum, helping us fans and stuff. I really appreciate that. Thanks A lot Mr. S.S. Wilson! :)

Take care everyone!!

/// Earl
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 am

So anyone knows what T¤remors 4 made? How much it sold?

Anyways, I think it's really cool and really down-to-earth that Mr. S.S. Wilson takes time posting on this forum, helping us fans and stuff. I really appreciate that. Thanks A lot Mr. S.S. Wilson! :)

Take care everyone!!

/// Earl
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:22 am

So, anyone know what Tremors 4 made? How much it sold?

Take care everyone!!

/// Earl
Ather

Postby Ather » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:43 pm

Here's another quandary. Universal is being asked to approve Movie #5. That meands 4 others were made. That kinda inidcates popularity. And therefore, wortht he risk. Notice the time sbetween films. 5 years, 6 years, then 1 year, then 1 yera again for a script. Seems T3 really launche dthe franchise. in but 2 years, 1 film, 1 TV series, and 1 sequel in preprepreproduction. Hello, that equals money for Universal. Last time I checked, Universalw a sunnaturally obessed with money.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”