The Town of Perfection

Talk About The Tremors Movies

Live in Perfection?

Yes! Send me those realty promos!
45%
No Thanks! It's fun to visit, but too much sand.
55%

Total votes: 11
Landscaper

The Town of Perfection

Postby Landscaper » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:00 pm

Here's a philosophical question. Would you really want to live in a town like Perfection?

Here's the scenario:

No Graboids, Shriekers, or Ass Blasters
No Actors
No Movie Theater, Mall, Fast Food, Chain Restaurants, Cell phones, Ect...
No Job opportunities
Land limited in nutrients for farming
Limited water
Low or No tourist appeal

So would you want to live there?
The one that plans ahead.
Burts_Brother

Perfection

Postby Burts_Brother » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:34 pm

I think it would be awesome to live in a place like Perfection. However, you have to keep the graboids, shriekers, and ass-blasters to keep it interesting. As long as the would be someone there like Burt. Heck if Burt wasn't actually there then I would have a house set up like his. But yes I think it would be awesome to live in a place like that.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:38 pm

Nah, I can't really say I would. I'm much more a city person. Biggish city, like Kansas City or something. I need people, civilization, and I feel a lot more secure surrounded by places I can find people, things I need, etc. What if you lived in a town like Perfection and had a medical emergency? Would someone find you? Would they take you thirty miles south to the hospital in Bixby, or send EMS/careflight for you? It'd be kind of scary for me to be so isolated.

And then there's the landscape. The desert thing kind of has an appeal in a way, but I really like to have some plants, water, trees, etc. around.

I figure to survive in the days of T1 and earlier, Perfection was a little more populated and had more job opportunities. There were about 15 people or more around, so Val and Earl could do odd jobs on a regular basis, Changs did okay, etc. By T3 they were depending on their interesting history to draw tourism- without El Blanco, what was there to keep the town around but a little light trips by interested tourists, and Burt's huge silver stores?

Now, with Graboids, I definately wouldn't live there. But that makes the tourism go wild, and gives the town some real liveleyhood. That way 6 people can make it work (#6 being LArry, for those counting only 5).
NnyTard

Postby NnyTard » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:13 am

cities are my thing, i'd get bored with so few people, so little to do, i'd really hate it probably, i guess i'd do what melvin did and move out as soon as i could.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:31 am

I'd love to live there if El Blanco hung around. But the harsh, hot weather might eventually get to me.
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:56 am

8) I'd move there in a heartbeat as long as there are Graboids, Shreikers, and AB's.
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”