Talk About The Tremors Movies
TREMORSFREAK

Tremors collection

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:50 pm

what is in your tremors collection, heres a pic. of mine

sorry that its so big
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:34 pm

Um, just as a note, people can only see your picture if they right-click on it, go to properties, and copy the address into their address bar- Angelfire doesn't allow direct linking to their images. It's disappointing, well into last year Angelfire was one of the few old hosts that still did allow people to do so, but I guess it was costing them money/bandwidth or something.

Is that thing in front a graboid or graboid tentacle made of packaging tape?

My collection actually looks a little like that one. I made the mistake of only recording The Series in SLP mode, partially out of habit (when you tape Star Trek: TNG or Stargate SG-1, you probably want to ues 6-hour-mode instead of 2-hour mode...), and partially because I thought there'd be more than 13 episodes. I mean, I thought there'd at least be a whole season...

Anyway, my Tremors collection includes:

Tremors 1, 3, and 4 on DVD (3 I bought used by itself in relatively good condition, 1 & 4 I got as a birthday present in the original 2-packs released back in January. I keep meaning to buy 2...)
Tremors 1 and 2 on VHS (bought at the same time as T3), and 3 and 4 on slightly-illegal homemade copies (I don't let anyone use them or give them to anybody, I only have them because the DVDs trip the copy protection on the DVD player in my room because my TV has no A/V jacks and my DVD player has no coax output, forcing me to wire it through the VCR.)
Tremors: The Series, on two VHS tapes, with an extra tape with Project 4-12 and Shriek and Destroy in higher quality SP/2-hour mode

In the way of homemade "merchendise", I have:
A homemade 1:6 scale Burt Gummer figure
A (somewhat poor) 1:6 scale Tyler Reed figure (I'm going to work on it more in the next few months)
A small collection of 1:6 scale gear for Burt and Tyler
A 3" Stomper toy truck modified to resemble Burt's Power Wagon
Some twisties tied together to the shapes of El Blanco, a Shrieker, and an AB ^.^
A little printed paper of the graboid target from Burt's shooting range in T3 (thanks to ActionBurt for putting it on his website)

In the future, I hope to make more Series-era Tremors figures (Jodi/Twitchell/Nancy/Rosalita/maybe Larry), some models (probably some miniatures at first, but if I feel really brave I'd like to make some 1:6-scale Shriekers, ABs... maybe if I had the resources and time, even put together a Graboid head with tentacles...), a real 1:6 scale Power Wagon for Burt, and maybe see how it goes from there, if I ever get that far.

I'm also hoping to get some copies of The Series on VCD, and if/when I do, I've been designing some papers for DVD-style covers using a lot of superimposure. I'm hoping to get some of those black plastic cases with the clear plastic for holding a label, like the ones that DVD movies actually come in. If I finish these covers and figure out how to scale them precisely for printing (I'm pretty sure I've got my proportions right; it's the size that's a problem), then I'll probably put them up online for others to look at/use if they so desire.

But that's getting way ahead of myself ^^ For now, I cling to my DVDs and semi-rare Series cassettes... and my Burt and Tyler figures, of course ^.^
Landscaper

Postby Landscaper » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:26 pm

Tremors 1,2,3 on Both DVD and VHS. T-4 on DVD. Pics downloaded from websites. Pics of all the Tremors Series stuff that was sold on E-Bay. And my favorite home-made "Desert Jack's Graboid Tours" baseball hat. Just your standard orange hunting cap with black lettering in Hobo font. It's a great way to spread the faith of Tremors! :D
The one that plans ahead.
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:09 pm

Mitsukara wrote:Um, just as a note, people can only see your picture if they right-click on it, go to properties, and copy the address into their address bar

I don't have to do that on my computer

Mitsukara wrote:Is that thing in front a graboid or graboid tentacle made of packaging tape?

yeah, my friend made it out of tape, rubber bands and I think something else
Shrieker_Fan

Re Collection

Postby Shrieker_Fan » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:31 am

I have all the movies on DVD, 2 on VHS, Making of Tremors 2 on vhs.

1.home made Shrieker
2.2 AB's though one of them isn't finished
3. 2 Graboid Tentacles
4. Graboid egg and a miniture Graboid
5. 3 Graboids and one i'm working on right now

Tremors 3 Graboid penet flag prop
Tremors the series Graboid statue prop
TTS AB lighter prop
TTS Shrieker picture frame and 3 out of 4 postcards props
Tremors promotional coiled Graboid tentacle sign

That's what I have. Hey TREMORSFREAK, I can't see your collection. Can you help me?
TREMORSFREAK

Re: Re Collection

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:15 am

Shrieker_Fan wrote: Hey TREMORSFREAK, I can't see your collection. Can you help me?

well can you tell me what happens, the URL should be fine but since its causing problems with other people I might as well just tell you.

I have tremors 1 and 4 on DVD, tremors 1-3 on VHS the entire series recorded on SP mode. the tremors sountrack(wich you can still buy at http://www.intrada.com/) a bunch of interviews and a few pictures I printed and a graboid figure my friend made.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERBODY!!!!!!
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:27 pm

[quote=Shrieker_Fan]Hey TREMORSFREAK, I can't see your collection. Can you help me?[/quote]
Copy and paste this to your browser (but don't click the link):

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/tremorsfre ... _stuff.jpg

[quote=TREMORSFREAK]I don't have to do that on my computer[/quote]
The thing is, Angelfire, like many other free hosts these days, puts a safeguard against people directly linking to or directly posting pictures (and other files, I think, but I'm not certain) on other websites. But if you've already loaded the image linked to properly- I.E. seeing it on the website, or if you're the owner of the account you saw it when it uploaded, etc., which means the image is kept somewhere in your temporary internet files, so even looking at a direct link/post of the picture, it will still load properly, because it loads from your computer rather than from the server (where the safeguard is).

But for other people who have never loaded the picture, it does load from the server, and then it trips the safeguard and redirects to a "image hosted by Angelfire" logo. Tripod, Geocities, etc. do the same as last I checked, although if you find the right hosts (or pay for a nice one if you can afford to do so) then you don't hafe to deal with that (or perhaps you can get someone with an account to host them for you. I'm not sure if they want you doing this, but you can upload your pictures to [url]International Tremors Fans[/url]' photo gallery and link to them from there- except that they mysteriiously seem to be down again at the moment. As the server allows, anyway, you might look into that).

I haven't really had a need to show many pictures lately, so I'm still using my Angelfire account and making do... if you want to link to something from your angelfire account, you might just copy and paste the address and tell people to copy and paste it to their address bar instead of clicking the link. There should be a way to disable the automatic-URL tagging on links in the posting options somewhere, but for some reason I can't find such an option on this forum. You might look around and see if you can find some way to do that. *shrugs*

I hope that's of some help to you.
NnyTard

Postby NnyTard » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:32 pm

pic didn't work for me... oh well.

i just have the PAL region 2/4 dvd box set, which isn't as good as the special ones i've seen on amazon, (mine is just a carboard slip around the 4 dvds, not a 3d plastic graboid head) and my dvds have less feature than the region 1 ntsc dvds have, my tremors 4 doesn't even have special features, but it says it does on the back cover.

all my friends with that movie also don't have them on theirs, australian tremors fans got ripped off. (but it cost me 1/2 as much to buy the box than the dvds seperately)
Earl_Bassett

Postby Earl_Bassett » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:52 am

I have the "Tremors - The Legacy" DVD-box set, german edition...you know, the one you've been discussing on another thread...
Just got Tremors 1 & 2 on vhs (UK), already had them, but they were ex rentals...and I've got 3 & 4 on vhs too of course :)

Don't have the series though...want it bad!!

And I also have "Dirt Dragons" on CD:R, gonna make a cover and back page, it will be cool :)

///Earl
"I'm betting on outer space. No way these are local boys."

Return to “The Tremors Movies”