If T5 is made, what do you think Burt should drive?

Talk About The Tremors Movies

What would you like Burt's future monster-hunting vehicle to be?

The K5-Blazer "Power Wagon" used in The Series
23%
A real vintage Dodge Power Wagon with the same/more modifications as The Series' one
8%
A military surplus Gulf War or newer Hummer, preferably modified
38%
Something more normal, like the Explorer Sport Trac in T3 or the GMC Jimmy in T1
No votes
A mil-spec duece-and-a-half, T2 style!!
31%

Total votes: 13
Mitsukara

If T5 is made, what do you think Burt should drive?

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:03 pm

If Tremors 5 is ever put into production, and indeed focuses in a present-day scenario (following Tremors 3 and The Series)- thus meaning it would star Burt- what do you think he should ride around in? In the past, Burt has had these vehicles:

Tremors 1: A black GMC Jimmy, probably 1989/1990 model, plain
Tremors 2: A giant armored "duece and a half" military truck, with loads of room for storing explosives, guns, and ammunition
Tremors 3: A black Ford Explorer Sport Trac "mini-truck"- you see these going down the street all the time.
Tremors 4: Uh, his great-grandfather drove a stagecoach, rode horses, and rode a bicycle...
Tremors- The Series: A late-70s model Chevrolet "K5" Blazer truck, with lots of modifications- a lift kit, monster truck tires, floodlamps, a winch, towbar, tow hooks, an open rollcage over the cabin, duel rollbars in the bed, and a lot of stuff I probably don't know anything about, all covered in three-color desert camoflague paint. Burt reffered to it as his "Power Wagon," although perhaps this was an untinentional leftover from a script that had called for an actual Power Wagon truck as Stampede had invisioned making (see below). One might also suggest the name is a reference to military trucks sometimes reffered to as Power Wagons.

While the "Power Wagon" was the only truck bought and modified specially for Burt so far, it wasn't everything Stampede had hoped for when writing the show. They had in mind for Burt to drive an old, "vintage" Dodge Power Wagon, which to my understanding were ultra-heavy trucks made in the '40s or so, designed for carrying heavy loads or something. However, Stampede couldn't find two that could be kept up well enough to use on the show, and had to go with a backup- a much newer K5 Blazer, which was kind of a popular off-road SUV type thing during the '70s and '80s, I think (sorry that I'm not very knowledgeable in these matters).

The second most extravagent truck, of course, was the one used in T2 (and briefly at the beginning of T3), a giant several-wheel (10, I think- or maybe 8) storage truck used by the military for carrying troops or supplies. When Burt goes to Mexico in T2, the Mexican army supplies him with the truck, and fills it (per his request) with lots of powerful, illegal-for-civilians-in-the-US high explosives, such as C4 and Thermite. Of course, the entire truckload was detonated by the end of the movie, utterly destroying it in the process. The one used in T3 was apparently just on loan.

Then again, there's also the possibility of making another new vehicle for Burt in T5- one suggestion is a Hummer, ideally an actual military Hummer rather than the supposedly toned-down civilian rich-people version. Such a vehicle would be excellently armored, have a good amount of storage space, and (unless the noise of the engine caused problems with El Blanco being attracted to it constantly) would be generally the kind of thing Burt would love to drive. It could probably be modified similarly to the Power Wagon as well.

What do you think? Personally, I really liked The Series truck, and since presumably both of them are still floating around somewhere, I'm hoping that for T5 Stampede would be able to buy them (or at least one of them) back.
Ather

Postby Ather » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:00 pm

I wanna see a Graboid Mobiel, like they have a Weenie Mobile
Action_Burt

It would depend...

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:28 am

on what the plot of T-5 was...

A quad ATV might be good for Burt, as he could drive it up onto rocks if needed. Plus, Burt's a loner... Also, I remember a website of a company that made special mounts for .50 rifles like the LAR Grizzly and BArrett. Basically, you turned the ATV into a wheeled tripod to drive around and shoot at stuff. Stop, shoot, go. Stop, shoot go.

I love the powerwagon- if we could get skidplates and a snorkel added, and maybe a rear winch too.

A humvee would be great, but awfully large. I'd like to see a highly customized Hummer, with an open cab and rear section, enclosed by rollbars and protective mesh, so Ass-Blasters or Shriekers couldn't get at passengers so easily... and a big ram/plow on the front for pushing through a Shrieker herd. (And solid tires too)

In the spirit of the Tremors films however, I'd like to see Burt re-do the classic ending of the Gauntlet; armor up a huge vehicle and then use it, with a band of survivors to destroy a shrieker herd by driving into the herd and firing out ports on the sides.
Burts_Brother

PowerWagon vs. Hummer

Postby Burts_Brother » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:01 pm

I think it would be a tug-of-war between the PowerWagon and a Hummer. Both would have to be customized to fix Burt's needs. But both have their pros and cons. yet on the other hand there isn't really any terrain the Hummer can't overcome. But then again it would have to be downsized to a smaller size. But it would be a struggle between the PowerWagon and Hummer.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Landscaper

Postby Landscaper » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:24 pm

I'd like to see something a bit newer for Burt. How 'bout...

A Jeep Rubicon Unlimited! Slightly modified with Snorkel, Winch, Gun Rack,PTO, and other goodies.

If that's not big enough, how about the new Dodge Power Wagon modified the same way?
The one that plans ahead.
Brian

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:53 pm

I think the power wagon or something a little better would be good. He's still on a low-budget, but towards the end of the series, he got a bit of money in from lectures and stuff.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:49 am

Let's give Burt an aircraft! (Although it's probably WAY out of his budget).
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
AtlantaMike

Postby AtlantaMike » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:15 am

Perhaps something like an armed autogyro, like the one, "Little Nellie" from the Bond film, "You Only Live Twice"?
Fish aren't pets, they're self-propelled decorations.
Landscaper

Postby Landscaper » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:38 pm

Changed my mind. How about the Jeep Gladiator concept! :twisted: I put a URL in the Burt Gummer section.
The one that plans ahead.
04EXCURSION

Postby 04EXCURSION » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:53 am

8) You forgot that at the end of Tremors 3, Burt also had a Ford Excursion. That should be Burt's next vehicle. But with a 20 inch lift kit and like 4 foot tires, and a snorkle.
"Let me illuminate the precarious situation in which you have found youself...I am the one they call when things go wrong...and things have indeed gone wrong."- Cobra Bubble's.
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Sun May 01, 2005 3:00 pm

Do you know what would be cool....Say the government needed Burt's help with a big group of Shriekers. So since there would be quite a bit number of Shriekers it wouldn't be safe for Burt & Tyler to travel on foot. So the government decide to give Burt the SmarTruck 2. Since the truck is fully enclosed the could customize it to Burt's needs. They could put either two gatling guns on the sides of the vehicle or on top. Then they could have a flare launcher on top to lure the Shriekers to the vehicle and it could be stationary. They could also put like missle/ grenade launchers on top to destroy the shriekers. Burt could also make them a deal for him to the vehicle. I think it would be cool is anyone else with me?
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Fri May 06, 2005 6:26 pm

Linx I think the shriekers would attack the flames. Because its not a fellow shrieker so they couldn't sense it was another one of them. So naturally they would think its food. So Burt could just use bursts of flames to lure the shriekers to the truck. And when the shriekers got close enough Burt could hold the trigger and fry the ugly mothers (in Burt's terms)
BurtGummer2005

Postby BurtGummer2005 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

I think he should drive a hummer h2 with big offroad tires and lots of cages on the truck also a .50 cal machine gun on the top for protection!!!!:D
Burt.Gummer.2005
Snakeoid

Postby Snakeoid » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:46 am

what are the cages for ? they won't really save you from hungry shriekers/assblasters :)
"You don't need a worm, a worm needs you!"
Burts_Brother

Postby Burts_Brother » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:13 pm

I am still going with the H1. It can overcome almost any terrian out there in the desert. Burt could get the wagon type so he could have enough room for his equipment. He has enough ground clearance so if he wanted he could still run down some shriekers. He could even have it customized with either a .50 caliber gun or rocket launcher for those graboids and ass-blasters.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”