New evolution cycle

Talk About The Tremors Movies
Burts_Brother

New evolution cycle

Postby Burts_Brother » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:08 am

I was thinking maybe for a new part of the graboid life cycle would to be have more graboids like El Blanco and have them evolve like snakehead fishs but opposite. Be able to go into the water if being chased but be able to breath like whales. For example come up to the surface for air. And see them jump up out of the water like a whale. Then thats where we find out that Burt has his own nuclear submarine. Now that would be an awesome new part of the graboid life cycle
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:16 pm

I dont want any more graboid evolutions, unless its a mixmaster mutation
tremorsmovies

Postby tremorsmovies » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:28 am

I would hope that you're refferring to the series here guys! I think to bring aspects of the series into the movies wouldn't be a great idea. There are people out there who haven't seen the series (for whatever ressons), and others who don't believe the series did the movies justice (like myself). It was good, but not up to the standard of the movies. I would like to see them kept seperate myself, but that's just me!

The idea of a Graboid that can go underwater has been debated over before (and you can read the posts about it on in this message forum... they're still there). Click here to view the previous debate about this. Here are my thoughts on the underwater Graboid idea (taken from the previous underwater topic).

I can't picture a Graboid in water myself. They're about the desert and dirt and to take them away from this environment would take away some of their character. And then after a Graboid, what next? Would we have Ass Blasters flying in and landing on water like ducks? I sure hope not! I think Tremors should stick to what it is! Rather than trying to turn it into something that it is not. Let's not forget the reasons why we all fell in love with the first movie!

Tom
TREMORSFREAK

Postby TREMORSFREAK » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:14 pm

linx05 wrote: I just couldn't see Burt travelling in a nuclear sub (I don't know how he would get his hands on one)

The govt. could loan him one.
Ather

Postby Ather » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:51 pm

Leats of all a miltiia type like Burt. You know thye'r ekeeping tabs on him. Imminednet DOmain is useless on his land. A family history of anti gov properganda. Guns galore. Apart form hsi squeaky clean legal record, they're probablt afraid what he'll do.
Great White Graboid

Postby Great White Graboid » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:00 am

Burt could always fabricate some kind of under water transportation given his knowledge of vehicles and other types of machines.

(I have no idea where he would get his supplies though).
"What kind of supreme being would condone such irony?"

[Burt from T-3]
Burts_Brother

Burt with Sub

Postby Burts_Brother » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:47 pm

I've seen nuclear subs on ebay for sale and actually had pictures of them. there was one in my hometown somehow this junkyard got. there is another junkyard north of home town that has a slightly damaged tank. And I wouldn't be suprised if Burt wasn't able to find a website with sub blueprints. I mean come on he was giving a dual 50 anti-aircraft turret mount.
When You Need It and Don't Have It....You Sing a Different Tune!
Ather

Postby Ather » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:44 pm

Tyler: Burt! You have a nuclear submarine?

Burt: Hey, you'll never know what you'll find on eBay
Action_Burt

Nuclear or Diesel?

Postby Action_Burt » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:03 am

All modern subs aren't nuclear powered. Burt might be able to buy a modern or even COld War era sub off Ebay, but there's NO WAY he could come up with uranium to fuel it, or have the ability to safely change out fuel rods, etc.

On the other hand, a nice diesel sub with modern batteries would be right up Burt's alley. In fact, I can imagine a what if-? scenario where Burt is forced out of Perfection and takes up residence on his own diesel submarine, thinking that it would be an impregnable home.... Burt might even put skids on the bottom and submerge in a 100 feet or so of water when he didn't want to be bothered by the outside world...
Ather

Postby Ather » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:45 pm

thinking that it would be an impregnable home

He already thought that about his perfection home. Then ehis Reckroom became a Wreckedroom. He live son a submarine, he will eb atatcked by some aquatic creature.
!Vision!

Postby !Vision! » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:01 pm

Getting back to the main topic, I'd like to add that there is a period of the monster's life that hasn't been shown on screen yet. Yes, graboids become shriekers, shriekers become assblasters, and assblasters lay the eggs that hatch and become baby graboids. But the period between the baby graboids and the adult graboids was skipped in T4. That leaves a whole period of the adolescent graboid to be addressed. The baby graboids could leap out of the ground and slam into people, so I think the adolescent graboids could possibly have some other tactic to employ.
Mitsukara

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:35 pm

Not only that, but the burning question is, how do Assblasters decide to lay their eggs, and what do they do afterwards?? Given what a short time it had been since the first one they killed in T3 had metamorphosed, one gets the impression that ABs just come straight out of the Shrieker "cacoon"/skin carrying their own single egg. What happens when they lay that egg? Do they develop another one? Do they change? Do they protect/take care of the egg at all?

And how long is their lifespan? All the ones we've seen have been killed at some point, do they die of old age eventually??
Ather

Postby Ather » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:51 pm

People are only recently awrae of these animals. There's ony 1 Ab in captiity, and it's asusme dit's eggs been removed. There's one Graboid tunneling around, and as an albion one, who know sif it's life expectancy is different form a normal one. And for that matter, sicne Graboids are suppsoed to grow Shriekers who kill them upon birth, who knwos how logn a Graboid could live. Not too many of them are like this.

Return to “The Tremors Movies”